How we work with our doctors
In October 2014, the Competition and Markets Authority (the “CMA”) published the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the “Order”) following its investigation into the private healthcare industry. The Order details requirements for private hospital operators to disclose information in relation to referring clinicians (as defined by the Order) for the benefit of patients. Full details about the investigation and the Order can be found on the CMA web page.
Kinvara Private Hospital provides the following services to Consultants and/or Referring Clinicians:
– Low-value services
– General services:
– Services provided to ensure clinical safety, including in-house training such as Basic, Immediate and Advanced Life Support training,
– Operational services to ensure a smooth patient pathway as part of normal practise. Including patient admission, administrative and billing.
– Basic workplace amenities
– Tea and coffee,
– Subsidised refreshments on-site, available to staff and persons working at the facility generally,
– Stationery, available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
– Car parking.
– General marketing and promotional services in order to operate a commercial business, including but not limited to;
– Production of consultant directory and website profiles (digital),
– Production of marketing material and literature, including GP and direct to patient mailers,
– Production of advertisements and media placements to promote the services of the hospital,
– Open evenings for patient education.
– Higher-Value Services
All Consultants with Practising Privileges who use sessional outpatient room space are issued a Consulting Room Licence. The cost per hour for utilising rooms is £18 per hour at Kinvara Private Hospital.
– Clinician Financial Interests in Kinvara Private Hospital
Private Hospital operators are required to disclose details of referring clinicians practising at their facilities who have a share or financial interest in those facilities or any equipment used. Some clinicians may own shares in their practising facility.
Relevant shares/financial interests are shown below:
– No current shares/financial interests
The information disclosed on this page in accordance with the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 is true and accurate to the best of Kinvara Private Hospital’s knowledge and belief.